Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flower Daisy

Hi I'm Flower Daisy. I am a flower doll. I was born on 10 June 2009. Don't believe me? See my official birth certificate!!!
as written by Rachel Koh

For all it looks, this doll gave me loads of trouble. Deceptively, it started off easy with the hair. So I thought, okaaay, first couple of steps done. The bodice was also do-able, but I made it a little bit too low cut, so had to stick it back on. Hey, this is meant for kids, okay...

But the challenge finally arrived in the form of the skirt. The instructions says that you're supposed to stick the skirt to the doll with the double sided tape provided. Buuuttttt.... they didn't inform you that the double sided tape had a super duper high affinity towards the paper part, rather than to the fabric. Furthermore, it doesn't help that the fabric was extremely flimsy. So there I was the whole night struggling to peel off the paper and the whole tape keeps coming off. Finally, my patience ran thin and enough was enough.. time to call in the big guns! A proper needle and thread, to sew it on!

Well, you're supposed to tape the ribbon over the flower skirt and flowers on the shoulders too, but what the heck, I just PVA glued the whole thing.

The last straw was the fairy wings. The PVA glue was to be used to stick on the hair and the glitter onto the wings using the design template provided. But somehow, I wasn't really thinking things through that day, and used paper underneath it to minimise messiness, instead of plastic sheet... so guess what? The glue seeped through the wings and stuck onto the paper. So I ended up with paper stuck wings! Now that I think about it, it really looks funny. I can laugh now, but I certainly wasn't in any laughing mood that day! Ha! I managed to salvage it by washing away the glue, glitter and paper.

The most important thing was, I managed to convice Rachel that glitter will not stick permanantly to the wings and will shed throughout the house. Then, Grandma will not allow the doll to sleep with Rachel.

All in all, it does look ok.. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment