Yup, she is now officially 5 years old a week back. See, this is one of the post that was delayed.
Whew, what a relieve that finally candles on both cakes have been blown and cakes eaten. Since last year, there are 2 cakes i.e. one for the school and another for home.
Thank goodness that a 2kg Italy Bakery cake cost only RM87, which is the same as the one small cake from Secret Recipe.
Somehow, this years' celebration was a little rush as Hubby wasn't feeling well a couple of weeks before the birthday, so I had to run around myself. After buying the junk food for the party packs (Yes, it is a practice in her school that for a kid's birthday, the kid's family will prepack some junk food for her friends), Rachel revealed that her friends gave party packs to the kids in all 3 year-5 classes. Initially, I didn't want to give to everyone, but since it doesn't really cost that much, so gave in in the end. She was very happy to hear this, and mentioned that she will have to tell all her friends again, as initially she told that only those in her class will get the party packs.
Her birthday was on Sunday, and her school celebration was on Friday before, and I happened to be on leave. I was supposed to collect the cake at 9.30am so that will be in time for tea break at 10am. Well, I left on time, and finally found a parking spot, just to realise that I left the receipt at home. Rushed back and fumed all the way at Malaccan drivers (don't get me started here!), and got the cake to the school 5 minutes late. Took some pictures with her best-friends, girl-friends and boy-friends, and all was well.
This year's celebration has a few firsts
* first time Rachel got a parcel addressed to her name - Yi-yi's present came on time! She got a sticker book and a power-puff 2 piece dress, but Yi-yi, Rachel is only 5, and small sized too, so why you buy dress for 6 years old???
* Rachel wanted surprise present, so Mummy and Daddy had to rush out during lunch to buy presents for her. In a way, it is good to shop in Melaka, as the limited availability of toys make it easier to choose.
* first time I had to count and re-count the amount of junk-food and sweets (oh yes, let's spread the cavities around), as I needed to pack for 65 packs, and junk food comes in quantities of 24, 40 or 50 pcs/packs per big bag!
I'm so happy that this is finally over... oh wait, there's another one in 12-months time...
No comments:
Post a Comment