Thursday, May 28, 2009

Speech-less

You know the adage that you don't miss it till you lost it? It is certainly true for my voice... 2 weeks ago, my voice decided to take a holiday without me.. Yes, effectively I was without a voice for a week, and what a week it was. I realised that I couldn't wake my daughter up in the morning (she's a wee bit heavy sleeper during school days). I couldn't pass instructions to my techs, and couldn't nag at hubby.

But on the bright side, Rachel was a darling during my sickness, she didn't disturb me, and most importantly, nobody (hint, hint) could call to bug me... and this time I wasn't in Lanka where I couldn't call for room service (no voice, sob, sob) and most of their food was spicy, even the chicken soup and can only eat fruits for all 3 meals.

But, overall, it was a very bad week for me b'cos when my voice was almost recovered, I caught flu and was down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment